Sat, Dec 04|
Last opportunity for 2021 to seal your membership in the Order and test for Brotherhood before the annual lodge banquet.
Time & Location
Dec 04, 2021, 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM EST
Camp FGL, 2818 Antioch Rd, LaGrange, GA 30240, USA
About the event
Dear Brotherhood Candidate,
While being an Ordeal member in the Order of the Arrow entitles you to all the rights and privileges that the Order has to offer, participating in the upcoming Brotherhood Testing and Induction Ceremony to become a Brotherhood member by showing your commitment to the Order and its ideals. We hope you will consider ‘Sealing the Bond’ through Brotherhood membership in the Chattahoochee Lodge by attending the Brotherhood Induction/Testing on Saturday, December 4th before the Lodge Banquet.
The schedule for the Brotherhood Testing and Induction is as follows:
Saturday, December 4th from 2:00 – 3:00 pm EST – When you arrive, please check in and pay the $25 Brotherhood Registration Fee. Brotherhood Testing will occur during this time in the dining hall at Camp FGL. There will NOT be a study session, so Arrowmen need to come prepared to test for their brotherhood when they arrive on Saturday. Attached is the Brotherhood Study Guide that you will need to study and know before you arrive. Also, you will need to bring your written letter to the Lodge Secretary as listed in Challenge #5 below and in the study guide.
3:00 – 4:00 pm EST – Brotherhood Induction Ceremony will be held during this time. Brotherhood Candidates need to be in their full Class A uniform and OA sash for the induction ceremony.
If you choose to attend and wish to seek Brotherhood membership you will need to complete a few challenges to become a Brotherhood member which can also be found in the attached Brotherhood Study Guide.
- Know the signs of membership in the Order of the Arrow. All these are in your OA Handbook, but they include the Obligation, the Song, the handclasp, the Admonition, and the sign of Ordeal membership
- Advance your understanding of the Ordeal. Know the four principal characters of the Ordeal, the four tests of the Ordeal, what the Arrow represents, and the True Name of the Order of the Arrow.
- Serve your unit. You must have been registered and serving in your unit for 6 months after your Ordeal Induction.
- Plan for service in your Lodge
- Review your Progress. Write a Letter to the Lodge Secretary explaining what you think the Obligation means, describe how you have fulfilled the Obligation so far, and how you plan to give service to the Lodge program. Turn this letter in at the Brotherhood Testing on Saturday, December 4th.
At your Ordeal, you were sent to seek a vision of yourself, and of your purpose. The challenge of the Brotherhood membership is a part of that vision. If you have any questions about the opportunities to seek Brotherhood membership, please feel free to contact us or at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to see you on Saturday, December 4th.
Yours in Brotherhood,
Membership Committee Advisor